We at AOI Pro. Inc., a company engaged primarily in the planning and production of film and video content, declare that we shall treat all private information provided to us in an appropriate manner in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. In order to be in strict compliance, AOI Pro. officers as well as employees are obligated to stringently adhere to our management system for personal information.
1. Protection and Management of Personal Information and Compliance with Law
We shall comply with all laws and regulations, governmental decrees, and other conventional standards to safeguard personal information provided to us.
2. Obtaining and Use of Personal Information
We shall obtain and use personal information for the purposes expressed and legitimated only. If your private information is required to be disclosed to a third party, we will give you prior notice as to the reason for and the recipient of the disclosure.
3. Disclosure and Corrections of Information
If you request the retrieval of any personal information which you have provided to us, we will promptly comply with your request after confirming your identity. If there are any inaccuracies in your information, we will promptly make the appropriate corrections.
4. Security Measures
We have implemented appropriate safeguards to our information protection and control system in order to prevent any loss or damage of information resulting from fraudulent access to and other mishandling of the personal information.
5. Safeguarding Information Provided to External Parties
6. Crisis Preparedness
In the event of an inappropriate disclosure of your personal information, we will immediately assess the situation and handle the occurrence promptly with responsive measures. We have also installed a "crisis management hotline" that will enable us to take quick action. If you have any questions or issues in regards to our procedures and protocols, please contact us via General Inquiries Form.
7. Continuous Improvements
We shall continuously monitor, review and improve our management system appropriately in order to allow us to adapt to any changes of circumstances.
This policy was enacted on April 1, 2007
This policy was last modified on January 1, 2019
AOI Pro. Inc.
Hajime Ushioda, Representative Director & President
Handling of Personal Information (AOI Pro.'s Public Statement based on Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Japan))
1. Purposes for Obtaining and Using Personal Information
- We, AOI Pro. Inc., collect personal information of talents, production staff members, clients, applicants, and employees in order to be able to engage in our business of the production of TVCs, movies, and other contents. The personal information we currently retain as well as personal information you may provide to us during the course of our operations shall only be used within the scope of such operational purposes unless we obtain your prior authorization.
- The content of any job application materials, resume, health information, academic records and any other information that could reasonably be used to identify you (such as name, date of birth, photographic images) are considered personal information and are used solely for the express stated purpose unless we obtain your authorization otherwise. Please be aware that we cannot return any materials you have provided to us.
- We must obtain your authorization if we need to use your personal information beyond the stated purpose except for circumstances set forth in the provisions under Article 16.3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
2. Circumstances When Your Information May Be Disclosed To Third Parties
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is based on legal requirements.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is especially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
3. Outsourcing to Third Parties
If we need to provide personal information to third parties for outsourcing, we will independently and continuously evaluate and oversee whether such third parties meet the standards of protection of personal information which AOI Pro. requires.
4. Sharing Information
We may share personal information with agencies and production staff members from time to time in order to fulfill our operational activities.
5. How Personal Information Is Managed
We have assigned a manager to be in charge of personal information protection in order to ensure proper handling of personal information. Our Chief Privacy Officer is Hirotaka Ogata.
6. Procedures to Disclose, Amend, or Delete Personal Information
We are committed to be responsive to your requests regarding your private information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. You can request to be notified regarding the purpose of use of your information, disclosure of your information as well as amendments, additions, or deletions thereto, and termination of use or disclosure to third parties.
7. Publically Available Information
You may be notified from time to time that we will be obtaining your personal information from publically available sources, such as directories, in order for us to conduct our operations.
Contact for Inquiries:
AOI Pro. Inc.
Osaki Center Bldg. 5F, 1-5-1 Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-8580, Japan